Let’s discover the effects of cancer and its treatments in patients COVID-19+
Description of the study:
- Title: “Diagnosis and serologic follow-up of COVID-19 in oncologic patients (COVonco)”
- Principal investigator: Cristina Royo-Cebrecos
- Co-investigators: Francesc Cobo y Santiago Albiol
- Centers where the study will be implemented: the pilot center will be the Servei Andorrà de Salut Sanitària (SAAS). This study is open to collaborations from other centers.
Objetives of the study:
- Principal Objective (1): Compare the prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 between groups of the oncologic population depending on the type of treatment: chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy and oncologic population without an active treatment.
- Secondary Objectives:
(2) Assess the serologic response over time in a follow-up period of 3, 6 and 12 months.
(3) Determine the incidence of asymptomatic infection in the oncologic population and detection of seroconversion.
(4) Estimate the percentages of active infection (positive PCR) among oncologic patients with positive IgM.
(5) Estimate the global seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 in oncologic patients.